307F Slip Stone
The 307F Slip Stone is a sharpening stone with teardrop-shaped cross section that makes it suitable for sharpening gouges and other tools with concave cutting edges.
Appearance in catalogs
The 307F Slip Stone appeared in the following catalogs:
- 2009 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2010 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2011 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2012 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2013 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2014 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2015 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2016 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2017 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2018 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2019 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2020 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2021 Spyderco Product Guide
History, mentionings from the forums etc.
- Spyderco's Sharpening Gems: Slipstone, Doublestuff & 302 Benchstones, posted by forum member JD Spydo.
- Spyderco's Unique & One Of A Kind Sharpening Tools?, posted by forum member JD Spydo.
- This forum post by Sal Glesser appears to indicate that the Slip Stone, along with two other fine grit sharpening tools, was developed as early as 2007 for the woodworking market.
Information from the Spyderco catalog on the web
307F Slip Stone
The Spyderco Slip Stone has a teardrop-shaped cross section that makes it the perfect stone for sharpening gouges and other tools with concave cutting edges. Its wide, flat surfaces also work great for conventional edges and its narrow edge can be used to sharpen serrated blades. The Slip Stone is easily cleaned with household cleanser, a scouring pad, and water and comes complete with a protective suede case.
Made in USA.
|307F||2009 -||$86.00 (2021)||size: 2 inch X 4 inch|
Most collectible variation
Any 307F Slip Stone in good condition with all of its parts and accessories and original packaging, would be considered a collectible.
Questions regarding collecting the 307F
Some interesting questions we are looking for an answer to:
Questions with an answer:
- The 307F Slip Stone in Spyderco's online catalog