The 105M Fold-A-Vee is a (folding) compact sharpening kit suitable for maintaining knives and many other edged tools.
Appearance in catalogs
The 105M Fold-A-Vee appeared in the following catalogs:
- 1986 Spyderco Product Guide
- 1990 Spyderco Product Guide
History, mentionings from the forums etc.
- Early Sharpmaker, this discussion mentions some of the history of the design and production of the 105 as well as photos, with input from Sal Glesser. It also mentions that the design patent was sold to Lansky Sharpeners.Posted by forum member The CoPilot.
Information from the Spyderco catalog
Spyderco's specialty ceramic sharpeners:
The extreme hardness of ceramic abrasives (9.2 MOHS) makes them ideal for cutting hardened and tempered metal. The uniform molecular structure provides a predictable "scratch pattern" and the surface exhibits excellent wear characteristics. No lubrication is required, which makes ceramics perfect for sterile and sanitary applications. Simple clean-up is achieved with common cleanser and a non-metallic pad such as a SCOTCH-BRITE®.
The Fold-A-Vee Sharpmaker™ is designed to provide a Simple, Effective, Safe sharpening tool while working in the field. Spyderco's many years of experience with sharpening systems, Crock-Sticks®, Tri-Angle Sharpmakers™, and ceramic stones have shown us the need to build this portable unit. 
The 105M Fold-A-Vee featured a:
- lexan frame
- 2 medium grit ceramic rods
- leather carrying case
|105M||1970s - 1990||$15.95 (1986)||The size of the sharpening rods are 5" x 1/4"|
Most collectible variation
Any 105M Fold-A-Vee sharpener in good condition with all of its parts and accessories and original packaging, would be considered a collectible.
Questions regarding collecting the 105M
Some interesting questions we are looking for an answer to:
Questions with an answer:
- From the 1990 Spyderco Product Guide.
- From the 105M instructions, as seen in a photo in the BladeForums.com discussion thread: Fold- A- Vee....