The 701MF/M/F Profile is a set of sharpening stones designed for outdoor use.
Appearance in catalogs
The 701MF/M/F Profile appeared in the following catalogs:
- 1993 Spyderco Product Guide
- 1994 Spyderco Product Guide
- 1997 Spyderco Product Guide
- 1998 Spyderco Product Guide
- 1999 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2000 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2001 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2002 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2003 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2004 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2005 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2006 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2007 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2008 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2009 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2010 Spyderco Product Guide
- 2011 Spyderco Product Guide
History, mentionings from the forums etc.
- THANK YOU JDSPYDO!! 701 MF ProFile Set review, posted by forum member Michael Cook.
- Pros & cons of the 204 & 701MF, posted by forum member jsholli.
Information from the Spyderco catalog on the web
The world is full of companies manufacturing sharpening stones designed for outdoor use. Years ago Spyderco introduced an eight-inch stone in either fine or medium grit unequivocally designed for the field and range called the 701 Profile.
701MF stones are made of High Alumina Ceramic. A medium grit (brown) stone sharpens very dull edges. A fine grit (white) stone adds a finishing touch for a professional, finely-honed edge. Both stones are used dry without oil or water lubrication making them convenient and mess-free. Elliptical in shape, the Outdoor Profile stones have four distinct sharpening surfaces suitable for plain and serrated edges, shop tools and household items. They provide: A flat surface and large radius for PlainEdges, a small radius for SpyderEdges and a groove running the length of the stones for sharpening pointed objects like fishhooks, awls and darts. (The stones are also sold separately in a chocolate brown, leather case. Please see related items.)
|701MF||1993 -||$69.95 (2021)||Stone sizes: 3/4" x 8" x 1/4" (19mm x 203mm x 6.4mm)|
|701M||1993 -||$43.95 (2021)||A single medium-grit stone, as used in the 701MF, sold with a leather case. Stone size:3/4" x 8" x 1/4" (19mm x 203mm x 6.4mm)|
|701F||1993 -||$43.95 (2021)||A single fine-grit stone, as used in the 701MF, sold with a leather case. Stone size:3/4" x 8" x 1/4" (19mm x 203mm x 6.4mm)|
Most collectible variation
Any 701MF/M/F Profile in good condition with all of its parts and accessories and original packaging, would be considered a collectible.
Questions regarding collecting the 701MF/M/F
Some interesting questions we are looking for an answer to:
Questions with an answer:
- The 701MF/M/F Profile in Spyderco's online catalog