Getting started with the Spydiewiki
The Spydiewiki.com pages is the result of several Spyderco collectors, users and interested people looking for a way to manage all the information available in such a manner that it would be available for others. And in such a manner that it would create a community willing to share the information they had with others. This is what started the Spydiewiki.com and the Spydiewiki- group. We are dedicated to collect as much information about the various Spyderco models as possible. If you have something to add, please feel free to contact us at: Spydiewi@spydiewiki.com
Important notice: links in red means that there's no associated article yet, not that you have to log in to view
To use the Spydiewiki one must first come to terms with the way a Wiki is made. A Mediawiki, which is the software we use, is based on links. Which means that any article will be linked to from one place or another. It's also possible to see what links to the different pages by using the What links here- function in the menu on the left here.
To start navigating in the Spydiewiki one has 4 choices:
- Navigate by clicking the links in the different pages. This is the easiest method of navigating. Click the blue text to navigate to the next article.
- Navigate by searching. This means you will need to know what you are looking for and type that in the search- field to the left and hit the search- button.
- Navigate with the main page. The main page is the place to start! if you want to see all Spyderco knives which has a C-SKU simply click on that link. If you are looking for a special knife which didn't have a C-SKU and which don't appear to be in any of the other links either, the All Spyderco SKUs will probably point you in the right direction.
- Lastly, one can navigate by Categories. If you wonder about the different clips used by Spyderco for instance, you can simply click the Categories on this website- link and go to the Pocket clips- category.
Getting started with adding to the Spydiewiki
There's some general rules that apply and that everybody who want to help with the Spydiewiki has to follow:
1. It's not allowed to use other peoples pic's without their written consent.
2. Do NOT use Copyrighted material without the owner of that materials written consent.
3. All articles concerning SKU's must be made to look like the How to write an article article. (Copy the whole article and use as a template). If there's more than 2 large or 3 or 4 small pic's, please add them as a gallery. That way the pages load a little faster, and the pic's can still be viewed in large size by clicking on them.
4. This text appears at the bottom of the page whenever you write in an article: Please note that all contributions to Spydiewiki may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. If you don't want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then don't submit it here. You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource. DO NOT SUBMIT COPYRIGHTED WORK WITHOUT PERMISSION!
That's how it is.
5. If you are in doubt, the Category:Help - pages contain a lot of information about how to use the Spydiewiki and making articles.
That's about it. Please follow the rules and if in doubt, it's always possible to reach the administration via Email: Spydiewiki- Group