The J Jester was introduced in 2003 and produced till 2006 . The Jester is similar to the L Ladybug in size but has a wider and thicker blade tip, plus spine jimping near the blade tip.
Appearance in catalogs
- JBMP: not listed in any Spyderco catalog
- JBK: 2002-2006 Spyderco catalogs
- JGR: 2002-2003 Spyderco catalogs
- JPR: 2002 Spyderco catalog
- JFG: 2004-2005 Spyderco catalogs
- JSS: 2004-2006 Spyderco catalogs
- JBL: not listed in any Spyderco catalog
- JRD: not listed in any Spyderco catalog
History, mentionings etc. from the forums
- JSS PE Mini-review by "DAYWALKER"
- Micarta Jester Review by "Mr Blonde"
- Near complete Jester collection of "zenheretic"
Information from the Spyderco catalog on the web
- "Take the 2-week Jester Test. Carry a Jester on your keychain, or in your purse or pocket for 14 days then on day 15 leave it home. You'll feel its absence. It offers ergonomic convenience; you forget it's there until you need a knife.
- We've notched the blade's spine above the hole with crosshatching as a seat for the thumb while cutting. Another textured section sits on top of the snub nose so your index finger has guiding control over the fine tip. The blade is AUS-6 available in SpyderEdge or PlainEdge. Comes with a black, forest green, lime green or pink FRN handle molded with Volcano-Grip. Clipless. Discontinued Product - No Longer Available."
All Jester variations:
|SKU||Handle||Edge(s)||Steel||MSRP||Note||Number made||Grind||Clip||Collectors club|
|JBMP||Burgundy Micarta||PE||AUS-6||?||2002 Sprint||1000||Hollow||No clip|
|JBK||Black FRN||PE SE||AUS-6||31.95$ (2002)||2002-2006||N/A||Hollow||No clip|
|JGR||Lime Green FRN||PE SE||AUS-6||31.95$ (2002)||2002-2003||N/A||Hollow||No clip|
|JPR||Pink (Fuchsia) FRN||PE SE||AUS-6||31.95$ (2002)||2002-200?||N/A||Hollow||No clip|
|JFG||Forest Green FRN||PE SE||AUS-6||31.95$ (2004)||2004-2005||N/A||Hollow||No clip|
|JSS||Stainless Steel||PE SE||AUS-6||39.95$ (2004)||2003-2006||N/A||Hollow||No clip|
|JBL||Blue FRN||PE SE||AUS-6||?||?, Japan-only||N/A||Hollow||No clip|
|JRD||Red FRN||PE SE||AUS-6||?||?, Japan-only||N/A||Hollow||No clip|
Jester & Micro-Light (Photon II) combinations were available in 2004:
- FL01JFGP: JFGP & Photon II Combo, 44.95$
- FL01JFGS: JFGS & Photon II Combo, 44.95$
Most collectible variation
Questions regarding collecting the Jester
- There are open questions marked with '?' above and below. Any answers?
Measurements of the J Jester (Lengths overall and weights: FRN, SS):
|Lengths overall||Length closed||Length blade||Length edge||Hole Ø||Blade thickness||Weights|
|112mm, 111mm||64mm||49mm||44mm||9mm||2mm||15.7g, 38g|
|4 13/32", 4 3/8"||2 1/2"||1 15/16"||1 3/4"||11/32"||5/64"||0.6oz, 1.36oz|
- The JBK Jester in Spyderco's online catalog
- The JGR Jester in Spyderco's online catalog
- The JPR Jester in Spyderco's online catalog
- The JFG Jester in Spyderco's online catalog
- The JSS Jester in Spyderco's online catalog
See e.g. the Jester II, The Revenge (pics) thread in the Spyderco forum.